JOB OPENING: WATER DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR
The Utility has an opening for a distribution supervisor responsible for all facets of the public potable water distribution and storage system in Sheboygan. This includes oversight of the Utility’s engineering and construction-maintenance departments.
The supervisor oversees water distribution design, construction, and operation of the distribution system, with over 200 miles of water main. The supervisor manages all distribution construction projects including bidding and construction. This entails extensive coordination with other shareholders such as City DPW, private utilities, WI DOT, and utility customers. Typical projects involve replacement of water main, street valves, fire hydrants, and private water laterals. The engineering department also maintains detailed records using ArcGIS and other software tools. The supervisor oversees other construction-maintenance projects such as street restoration, water main repair, facilities and vehicle maintenance, and others. Work includes routine maintenance of the distribution system in conformance with WI DNR recommendations for valve exercising and hydrant inspection.
The supervisor works closely with the utility superintendent to set project priorities, timelines, and budgets. Other duties include providing monthly summaries of activities. The supervisor must possess strong communication skills and work effectively in a small, highly dedicated team of public servants. Duties include completion of annual performance evaluations for approximately 8 staff members.
For a communicative civil engineer who likes to design, build, and then operate projects and is dedicated to public health and service, this is an excellent opportunity with minimal travel and stable working conditions.
• Civil engineering degree from an accredited university
• Registration in good standing as a professional engineer (P.E.) in WI
• WI DNR water distribution certification, or ability to earn such within one year
• Knowledge of water distribution systems and construction
• Knowledge of street construction
• Experience with CAD design and GIS platforms
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of WI public construction law and practices
• Knowledge of land surveying
• High commitment to safety on construction sites including trenching and confined spaces
• Prior supervisory experience a plus
• Experience with hydraulic distribution models a plus
Starting Wage: $76,500
The Utility offers a strong benefit package including WI retirement system, lower cost health insurance, and early wage steps for strong performance.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.